Tuesday 31 January 2012

Oh, my.

This is basically what my Summer has looked like. For the last two months, and a bit.
Yes, there has been the odd sunny day, but for the most part, it's been grey, cloudy, and raining.
The most utterly dismal Summer I have ever encountered. Probably the coldest, too. Don't get me wrong, we've had some stinking hot days because of the humidity after rain, but for instance, right now it's 20 degrees and I'm an oversized t-shirt and pyjama pants. Summer here is usually anywhere between 30-40 degrees on a good day. Sometimes even higher.
For someone who really enjoys Summer, and who has been looking forward to the scorching hot days, beaches, ice-cream, even the sunburn and mozzie bites, it's down right depressing.
So I figure, I need something to keep me occupied. This will sound really sad, but it's true. I have pretty much spent the last two months sitting around the house doing absolutely nothing  blogging.
I'm an excellent procrastonator also, and I've found even easier to not do anything I'm supposed to be doing and just be lazy instead. And fat and depressed and confused and dead.I've come up with five things I think I should learn/attempt this year.
1.

Make some cushions.
I have a few pillows that get thrown onto my bed when it's made, but none of them really go together.
I am also rather bored with my  bedroom and I think this year I should tidy it all out and fix it up a little. Cushions always add a little something to bedrooms, and I think I shall find some bright/patterned pretty fabric and make some cushions for my bed. Cushions are super easy to make, so this project will be fun AND easy.  Oh, and that super cute sheep pillow ^ is from here.

2.
Make more cupcakes!


I have this book and it is just so lovely. 500 different cupcake recipes. Sweet, savoury, diet, you name it.
I used to make cupcakes all the time and now I barely make anything, so I'm thinking I really, really need to start trying out some of the different recipes. Without making myself double in size, ha, ha. No, but seriously who doesn't love homemade cupcakes? A pretty, and tasty way to waste my time.

3.
Learn to Knit again.

Letting my inner granny come out here, or should I call it 'trendy craft girl'. lol.
When I was younger my mum tought me how to knit and I would spend morning after morning in bed with her knitting rows and rows to make little blankets for my toys. I've completely forgotton how to knit so I think I should teach myself again. Maybe one day I'll be able to knit a whole double layered woolen beanie in two hours like my grandma. Or even a cute cardigan.

4.
Paint some paintings, for my room.


I'm using this painting as an example because I am certainly not going to go out of my way and attempt to paint a portrait or a reaslitic landscape or anything out of my talents reach. I did art, yes, I can paint better than some people, yes, but I am not highly skilled and abstract or expressionist works are much more my cup of tea. One day when I'm feeling highly motivated (I need to work on that) I will create some sort of paintings to go in my room. Most likely a triptych that fits in together. I need to work out colour schemes and things like that too.

5.
Learn to cook some delicious dinners.


Okay, so cooking is obviously a basic skill that is benificial to every human.
And I most certainly do have basic cooking skills but I want to learn some fancy, really yummy recipes, just so I can say I can cook them. And actually cook them. And eat them. haha.
Mother is going to start me a cookbook soon which we will fill with my favourite recipes and I will collect some off my Grandma as she literally (and I mean literally) has Hundreds of cookbooks. She is the best cook I know. And it's nice when people enjoy your cooking, it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment